Ulster Project Cincinnati General Meeting, April 2013
April 18, 2013, North Central Public Library
Members present: Lorrie Hodge, Andy Tepe, Jennifer King, Julie Klensch
1. Opening Prayer Jennifer King
2. Financial update
• Money has been wired to Enniskillen for the Northern Irish Teen’s airfare for July’s trip.
• This has taken our account balance to about $5105.
3. Fundraising (All)
• Andy is meeting with a donor in May to clarify expectations from us in return for their donation. Donation is expected early next week. 4/22
Parking for Peace
• Everything went well. Amount of money made probably due to the addition of a morning shift & that it was a Sunday.
Party in the Park
• Carla Romanelli is our contact for this opportunity she will let us know when a date has been given to the project. Jennifer called and left a message for an update.
Ulster Irish Night
• Donation letters to be processed and mailed to past donors of auction items by Julie.
• Andy has contacted the Phinians of NKY to ask for another donation for this as they had last year. They are going to donate again, probably the barrel of cheer again.
• We need to have more than 1000 raffle tickets printed since we ran out last year
• Would like to advertise in the St. I’s bulletin and maybe target the 4:30 mass crowd to come after mass and join us for auction prizes and stew & sell raffle tickets
• Lorrie will have Beth Reynolds to confirm with St. I’s on the above requests.
• Andy would like to see a more specific database created with specific donors. Including, year donated, what or amount of donation and if they are a repeat donor
• Lorrie will reassess the lists she was given and make it into the format that Andy wants.
4. Host Family update
• Thus far there are 9 teens confirmed. Still need 2 protestant boys and 1 protestant girl
• The first social gathering with 2012 & new 2013 host teens went very well.
• Recruitment of teens still ongoing. Brian and Beth have reached out to several protestant groups in an effort to find our remaining candidates.
• Beth id requesting that the mandatory meeting dates be set so the families can plan accordingly
• Scavenger Hunt & Teen Reveal will be on Thursday May 30. At a location TBD
• Desert Night/Parent orientation is Thursday June 30 at the Hodge residence in Colerain Twp.
5. Counselor applicants & interviews
• 2 female counselor candidates have been interviewed
• Both are strong candidates
• Interviewing 1 more female and 1male counselor Friday
• Candidates to be chosen by the end of the month so counselors can be a part of the bonding events go forward
6. Calendar Update
• A draft calendar was presented by Lorrie on behalf of the calendar committee
• Some minor changes and confirmations are still to be done
• Final draft calendar with costs to be presented at next general meeting
• All calendar committee members are required to be present at that time
Prayer and dismissal by Jennifer Meeting adjourned at 8:45pm.
Next General Assembly Meeting: Thursday May 23, 7-8:30pm